donderdag 20 december 2012

The Vibe of Deep House


The Vibe of Deep House is simple. It's quality and heart. Sharing respect and joy in experiencing it.

There are two things that make up for class when it comes down to being a Deep House passionist, Dj, artist, fan, label manager or even blogger. And it's simple. Quality and heart.

Quality in the form of talent when it comes down to the creators and a big heart when it comes down to all of the above.

A great Dj has heart, a lot to share, a lot to give. If you don't have a big heart and love people, then don't bother sharing your music with the public. This also apply's to my readers.
WorldOfDeepHouse is some effort. Coming up with new and fresh content every day.

Responding to mails, talking to artists, friends & fans. Exploring new music and talent, discovering little pearls to share. Trying to link and network with others to make it even better. Upgrade my English up to par. Do a Facebook page, Youtube, make your own movies. Go to the parties and review/preview music and so much more.

So why do I? Because it's friggin lovely really. Because the music is, the people I encounter are. Basically you are. But enough smoochin. I just love to make people smile.

When Jeff Daniels, an excellent DJ and friend of mine posted a Youtube movie, it had it all.
A group of people having a great time in the Christmas spirit, sharing quality and heart.
Someone doing what he loves, others enjoying it. All in the sweet House music vibe we know.
I couldn't help but smiling wide, sharing it on our Facebook Page.



It reminded me what the scene should be all about. Enjoyment, sharing, music, creativity.
To many artists (including bedroom Dj's) have their heads in the clouds thinking the Meridian line runs trough their butt cheeks. You are not the center of the planet nor are you one inch more of a human then the person next to you. As a matter of fact if it weren't for your fans you wouldn't be where you are. So quit it. Show some class by showing a big heart and be humble in doing so.


The pianist above is doing what he loves. Playing music. The others are enjoying the talent and passion he shares. I doubt he needs the confirmation of how amazing he is. He simply is.

Of course I like to hear people enjoying WorldOfDeepHouse, who doesn't. But I don't need to feel like I am special doing what I love. Nor do I claim to have too many talents for my own good.

But...stroke my ego if you feel so inclined, wont stop you.*laughs

To get back to the point... just know that you are a person like the rest of us. Nothing more. But yes you are unique, and worthy of being loved and enjoyed. You are also a part of the whole scene and what you do will put a stamp on that. No matter how big or small. You contribute to the whole Deep House scene, movement and evolution. So make sure the people get the right idea!

My kids will listen to Deep House and their kids will too if I have a choice in that. Guess the trick will be not to tell them and don't act like a lot of  parents think Deep House music cool.


                Most teens will cringe at the sight... 

Let me know how you would feel if you knew your parents rock to Deep House tunes.
I know my mother always loves Techno parties.. but hey, no one is perfect. ;P

Cheers!
Tommy

2 opmerkingen: